Professor Bakibinga appointment on CSAT
Professor David Justin Bakibinga membership on the External Technical Committee of the Centre for Studies of African Taxation (CSAT) at the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD), Netherlands, has been renewed for 3 years effective from 1st October, 2023.
*Launched in 2015, the IBFD Centre for Studies in African Taxation (CSAT) is a think tank dedicated to the study and development of sound tax policies for Africa. Housed within IBFD’s Africa Knowledge Group, it is staffed by a team of specialists in the tax systems of all the countries of Africa, and supported by an extensive network of local country experts.
CSAT’s activities include the following:
- the provision of research on pertinent tax policy issues in Africa, in the form of research briefings, working papers, and books;
- the delivery of capacity development services (including training and research services) for African government departments, such as revenue authorities and ministries of finance;
- hosting conferences, workshops, and other events, on tax policy issues germane to Africa. (CSAT is the organiser of the renowned annual Africa Tax Symposium);
- collaboration with partner organisations within Africa in providing research and training services, and hosting events centered on African tax policy issues;
- provision of support for academic activities of benefit to Africa. These include the CSAT Fellowship Programme; scholarship awards for post-graduate programmes; and delivery of tax lectures for African academic institutions.