Dear Prospective Applicant,
We welcome and thank you for choosing Makerere University for your next degree programme. Below you will find step by step instructions on how to successfully apply for our various programmes online.
You will need
- A valid E-mail address – You MUST have access to this email address
- A valid Phone Number
- A stable Internet connection to complete your application form
How to create your account
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/
- Click on the REGISTER NOW Button from the Login Page, you will be redirected to a Register Page where you will fill the form with your details as they appear on your Academic Documents.
- During Registration, you will be asked for your First Name, Last Name, Other Names, Email address, Telephone Number and Gender.
- The Email address and Telephone Number MUST be unique and never have been used by any other person for applications before.
- After Successful Registration, you will be redirected back to Login Page and your One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to both your E-mail address and Phone Number.
- Check your Email and SMS for your login password. (For the Email option, please check the Spam folder as well)
- On the Login Page choose either the LOGIN WITH EMAIL or LOGIN WITH PHONE option and enter your Email/Phone number and the OTP you received.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Please follow the rules on password creation as shown on the page and click Change Password when done. You will receive a confirmation that your password has been changed.
NOTE: Your Registration Details are not Editable, make sure you provide correct details.
Please click the embedded video below for a step-by-step guide on the instructions
https://youtu.be/DE1pNep1q-M (How to Access the Mak Application Portal and Create your account)
How to apply for a programme
- Access a browser on an internet enabled computer.
- Choose an email provider of your choice by going to one of the following URLs – Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com), Gmail (https://www.gmail.com), Hotmail (https://www.hotmail.com) or any other provider of your choice
- Click on create new account/signup button
- Enter all the mandatory fields normally marked by a star (*)
- Type in your username (Make sure it’s relevant to your purpose)
- Choose a secure and easy to remember password (Secure passwords typically have numbers, special characters, uppercase and lowercase alphabets)
- Select your security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password in case you forget it.
- Verify your registration by typing the text you see in the captcha, if applicable.
- Save to create your email account.
- Login to your email account to confirm.
- Please keep track of this email id and password as relevant information from the University system will be sent only to this email ID.