Internal Job Advert: Coordinator – Administrative Officers’ Law Short Course (SoL: ALSC)
– The Administrative Officers’ Law Short-course started in 2009 as a collaborative initiative between the then Faculty of Law and the Department of Distance Education (DDE).
– In 2010, the School of Law Board decided to conduct the course independent of the DDE.
– In September 2011, SoL: ALSC was endorsed by the President’s Office through the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Service as a requirement for entry, promotion and confirmation of Administrative Officers.
– Dr. Peter Wandera served as inaugural coordinator from 2010 to August 2016.
– Dr. Mayambala Kakungulu succeeded him from 30th August 2016 to January 2023.
The SoL seeks to recruit a new coordinator following Assoc. Prof Mayambala’s promotion to Director, Jinja Campus.
Roles And Responsibility:
Offer Strategic Direction for the ALSC
i. Identify and engage potential districts and partners for collaboration
ii. Ensure the self-sustainability of each of the Centre of operation
iii. Address matters from different stakeholders about the SoL: ALSC; and any other duties as may be assigned by the Short-Courses Committee or the Principal’s office.
Provide Programmatic Oversight for the successful implementation of the SoL: ALSC
i. Deploy and supervise facilitators to various Centres;
ii. Organize refresher training of trainers courses;
iii. Recruit and supervise Desk Officers for grassroots coordination and mobilization
iv. Monitor and Evaluation of all staff serving on the Course;
v. Oversee the printing of certificates and sign authorization of Certificates for the final signature of the Principal SoL
vi. Attend the certificate award ceremonies;
Finance and Logistics
i. Prepare and administer Budget for the SoL: ALSC
ii. Prepare contracts for service providers including academic staff, desk officers and landlords for the venue of instructions;
iii. Prepare claims for facilitation and service providers for submission to the Principal;
iv. Procure goods and services
REPORTING: The Chairperson Short Courses Committee;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
i. Competitive dependent of the results generated.
ii. Applicant is only open to SoL Staff